PRE HOSPITAL AID TRAINING IN EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS. AN ABSOLUTE NECESSITY
When providing the prehospital aid the most important factor is time. The more time expires from the moment of receiving injury until delivery to a hospital, the worse forecast becomes for a victim. Mortality grows geometrically. So, for example, in cases of transport injuries if medical care was provided within 30 minutes – 1 hour, then mortality among injured did not exceed 30%. If this time increases, then the mortality reaches 60-80%, and growth in a geometrical progression takes place. In general, it becomes clear that even two injured from three ones who died in city streets, could be saved if they received the help in due time .
Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine registered in the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine the project of the Law of Ukraine about full general secondary education dated April 5, 2019 № 10204.
This project of the Law provides that all teachers will take courses on the prehospital help. It has to reduce the quantity of death of children during lessons.
Protection of children’s health is one of the mandatory functions of the educational organization. If it is necessary, the first aid at school is to be given to the child both professionally and in time.
Teachers, studying a profession in higher education institution, have to be trained on providing the prehospital help. There is nothing more important, than rendering the prehospital help to the child during the first minutes after a trauma or in the event of a symptom hazardous to health, for example, epilepsy .
The purpose of the article is to highlight the importance of teaching teachers and students the skills of rendering the prehospital help.
According to the Law of Ukraine “About the Emergency Medical Care”, persons who have no medical education, but according to their the official duties they have to provide the first aid and to manage main practical skills on rescue and preservation a human life for those who require that, have to be the first who study the prehospital help .
And based on the project of the Law of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine mentioned above teachers can also be referred to the category of persons who have no medical education and are obliged to provide the prehospital help though it is not included into their official duties.
Except the planned training of the teachers of the prehospital help, to our opinion, there should be also started a training of pupils on the program of the first level  which first of all provides obtaining practical skills of rendering the prehospital help to the injured at cardiac arrest and breath before arrival of the emergency medical care.
The training program “Protection of the Fatherland” for pupils of 10-11 classes is introducted for gradual increasing of the number of the citizens in the system of secondary education, who manage the skills of the prehospital help . Such a program, in the question of pre-hospital help, combines teaching theoretical knowledge with a practical training with use of dummies and other other visual materials.
Every year All-Ukrainian gathering and competition of young rescuers “School of Safety” is also provided where the pupils, who are 12 years old and older show their abilities on providing the pre-hospital help to the injured.
The last two years we had an opportunity to compare theoretical knowledge and practical skills of the prehospital help of pupils who finished the 11th class and studied according to the program “Protection of the Fatherland” and pupils of the 8-9 classes who were trained by the “School of Safety”.
It turned out to be that the pupils of 8-9 classes, in the majority, prevail on the level of knowledge of the prehospital help the graduates of high school.
In our opinion, it is expedient to develop and implement at secondary school the program of training of rendering help to injured who are in emergency, for pupils, starting from the fifth class.
Anybody, irrespective of a profession, is able to be trained and to manage the skills of the prehospital aid. The trauma or accident can happen at any time. Not only success of further treatment, but sometimes human life depends on prehospital help provided timely and correctly. In certain cases the victim has to render prehospital help to himself - to stop bleeding, to put the bandage etc.
That all is not difficult, but it is necessary to take the corresponding training for mastering skills of rendering the prehospital help.
In our opinion, in modern conditions it is compulsory to:
introduce the permanent prehospital help training for tutors and nurses of preschool institutions;
introduce the permanent prehospital help training in schools for children, starting from the age 12 years old and older.
2. Makarenko, A.M. Drozdenko, N.V. Striuk, M.P. and Dolhyj, M.L. (2018), “As for the subject of training pre-hospital help”, Materialy naukovo-praktychnoi konferentsii [Materials of scientific and practical conference], Stratehiia reformuvannia orhanizatsii tsyvil'noho zakhystu. Tom. 1. Tsyvil'nyj zakhyst Ukrainy: suchasnyj stan, zdobutky, problemy, perspektyvy rozvytku [Strategy for reforming civil protection organization. Volume. 1. Civil defense of Ukraine: current state, achievements, problems, prospects], Kyiv, Ukraine, May 16, 2018, pp. 164–166.
3. Teacher's newspaper (2018), “First Aid at School – Teacher Responsibility”, available at: http://www.ug.ru/archive/74053 (Accessed 9 September 2019).
4. The Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine (2012), The Law of Ukraine “About emergency medical care”, available at: https://zakon2.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/5081-17 (Accessed 9 September 2019).
5. Ministry of Health of Ukraine (2017), The order “About improving the training for the provision of pre-hospital help persons without medical education”, available at: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/rada/show/ru/v0346282-17/stru2 (Accessed 9 September 2019).
6. Nise Med (2019), “The need for first aid training in modern conditions”, available at: http://www.nicemed.ru/nmeds-910-1.html (Accessed 9 September 2019).
7. Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine (2017) The order “About granting a signature stamp of MESU to training programs for pupils of 10-11 classes of institutions of the general secondary education”, available at: https://mon.gov.ua/storage/app/media/npa/5a1fea11b8a27.pdf (Accessed 9 September 2019).
8. Security school (2019), “Security school: prevent, rescue, help”, available at: http://schoolofsafety.org.ua/ (Accessed 9 September 2019).
9. Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine (2014), “Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine “On cancellation of the order of the Ministry of Education and Science, Ministry of Emergency Situations and for the Protection of the Population from the Consequences of the Chornobyl Catastrophe, State Committee for Industrial Safety, Labor Protection and Mining Supervision of 21.10.2010 No. 969/922/216”, available at: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/590-2014-%D1%80 (Accessed 9 September 2019).
Abstract views: 40 PDF Downloads: 20