RESEARCH ON METHODS TO COMPLETE JOINT TASKS BY GOVERNING BODIES AND FORCES OF CIVIL DEFENSE IN EMERGENCY SITUATIONS
At present, the imperfections in the process of forming, coordinating and interacting of the components of the security and defense sector in solving joint tasks, in particular in the field of civil defense, remain unresolved. The scientific article addresses the problematic issue of achieving effective joint actions by forces involved in the elimination of the consequences of emergencies and defining rational methods of accomplishing tasks.
Main areas of conducting scientific research in this issue are:
substantiation of the necessity for further modernization of the state civil defense system;
development of algorithms for managerial decision making in the process of response to emergencies of different nature;
definition of directions of institutional development of the unified state system of civil defense;
improving the legal and regulatory support for interaction between the components of the security and defense sector;
analysis of the main tasks of the unified state system of civil defense, its components, as well as the modes of functioning.
A scientific problem which is researched not enough in searching ways to improve methods of performing joint tasks of civil defense forces in emergency situations has been identified.
To conduct analysis of regulations and prior scientific researches and identify the methods to perform joint tasks of civil defense forces in emergencies.
The scientific article determines that the methods of performing joint tasks by the authorities and civil defense forces in an emergency situation depend on its type, nature, scale and other features, available civil defense forces for prevention or elimination of consequences, actions (decisions) of the authorities, on which the tasks regarding preventing or eliminating the consequences of emergency are vested.
Depending on the nature of the emergency situation and its level, the head of the emergency management team determines the approximate membership of the civil defense forces which is required to eliminate the consequences of the emergency situation, plans to involve the civil defense forces to eliminate the consequences of the emergency situation, taking into account the necessary and available civil defense forces, determines the order of their joint actions.
Civil defense forces have a complicated structure for subordination and functionality. When determining the forces of civil defense, the order of the tasks fulfillment and methods of joint actions in emergency situations the following should be taken into account:
- particularity of the emergency situation and the possible nature of its development;
- the functionality of the necessary and available civil defense forces;
- quantity of emergency units and their potential;
- the necessary and possible time of involving the existing and additional civil defense forces;
- subordination and ability to provide emergency response divisions;
- the necessary time for elimination of the emergency situation to minimize the consequences, and its possible development.
The main methods of joint actions of civil defense forces are recommended in the article, in particular:
- simultaneous appliance of the available civil defense forces to eliminate the consequences of emergency situation in a certain territory (area);
- simultaneous application of civil defense forces to eliminate the consequences of the emergency situation with the definition of sectors (fields) of responsibility;
- consistent appliance of civil defense forces with different functionally to eliminate the consequences of the emergency situation at the determined territory (area);
- consistent appliance of the similar civil defense forces with the rotation of the rescue divisions (services).
The further direction of scientific research on these issues is to compose a model of methods of the actions of the joint units in emergency situations and their interaction.
2. Liubins'kyj, A.M. (2015), “The current state and prospects of modernization of the civil protection system of Ukraine”, Efficiency of Public administration, no. 43, pp. 104–109.
3. Volians'kyj, P.B. (2015), “Algorithmization of decision-making in emergency situations of different nature”, Scientific Papers of the Legislation Institute of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine, vol. 1, pp. 112–116.
4. Volians'kyj, P.B. (2014), “Organization of public administration in case of threat and emergence of state and regional level emergencies”, Investytsii: praktyka ta dosvid, vol. 17, pp. 209–212.
5. Andrieiev, S.O. (017), “Institutional principles of development of state civil protection systems”, Abstract of Doctor dissertation, Mechanisms of public administration, National Academy for Public Administration under the President of Ukraine, Kyiv, Ukraine.
6. Matsiuk, V.V. (2015), “Improvement of the legal regulation of the interaction between the Security Service of Ukraine and the National Guard of Ukraine in the event of social emergencies”, Theory and practice of jurisprudence, [Online], vol. 1, available at: http://nbuv.gov.ua/UJRN/tipp_2015_1_24 (Accessed 20 Sept 2019).
7. Klymenko, N.H. (2015), “The unified state system of civil protection: components, tasks and modes of functioning”, Investytsii: praktyka ta dosvid, vol. 3, pp. 95–100.
8. Dictionary of the Ukrainian language. Academic Interpretive Dictionary (1970-1980), available at: http://sum.in.ua/, (Accessed 20 September 2019).
9. The Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine (2010), National Classifier of Ukraine “Emergency Classifier DK 019: 2010”, available at: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/rada/show/va457609-10 (Accessed 20 September 2019).
10. The Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine (2012), The Law of Ukraine “Code of Civil Protection of Ukraine”, available at: http://zakon4.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/5403-17 (Accessed 20 September 2019).
11. Podskal'na, O.A. (2015), “Ukraine's accession to the Civil Protection Mechanism of the European Union is one of the priorities of its European choice”, Investytsii: praktyka ta dosvid, vol. 19, pp. 132-134.
12. The Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine (2018), “On Approval of the Statute of Emergency Situations of Management Bodies and Divisions of the Civil Rescue Operations and Rescue Service and of the Statute of Actions of Management Bodies and Divisions of the Civil Rescue Operations and Rescue Service during Fire Fighting”, available at: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/rada/show/z0801-18 (Accessed 20 September 2019).
13. The Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine (2014), “On approval of the Regulation on the headquarters of emergency management and Types of operational, technical and reporting documentation of the headquarters for emergency management”, available at: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/z0047-15?lang=ru (Accessed 20 September 2019).
14. The Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine (2014), “Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine “On the approval of the Regulation on a single state civil protection system”, available at: http://zakon2.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/11-2014-%D0%BF (Accessed 20 September 2019).
Abstract views: 35 PDF Downloads: 14